Cyber Defence Technical Expert – Freelance
afarax is looking for freelance consultants for a specific mission with a strong know-how in Splunk. We need your lights !
We are a Belgian based Team with a strong network of consultants and Companies active in various business sectors and facing the challenges of the Digital Transformation. The concept is very simple : Once you enter the ecosystem, you can access our projects and let us make your life a way easier.
Our client is looking for an experienced Cyber Defense Technical Expert to strengthen their team. He/she will perform the following tasks :
- Maintain solution architecture in line with business requirements and suggest improvements.
- Lead the effort and work towards improving the existing process and procedures required for security monitoring operations.
- Improve the Splunk enterprise environment and extend it with additional Search heads and Indexers.
- Support the deployment with data feeds from various new log sources.
- Assist with installation and configuration of new supporting applications.
- Perform system troubleshooting, editing and maintaining Splunk configuration files and apps.
- Monitor and maintain Splunk performance, availability and capacity
- Provide expert best practices in adoption, expansion and creation of use cases in Splunk.
- Develop custom alerts, dashboards and search queries to support members from Security monitoring team.
- Maintain technical and user manuals up to date.
Is this you ?
- Bachelor/Master or equivalent by experience in IT System administration
- Splunk Certified Administrator or Architect
- Fluent in English
- 4 years of experience in a senior Splunk role working in a clustered Splunk environment with 2 years of experience with use case creation
- Knowledge of enterprise security logging
- Experience with operations on enterprise-scale environments
- Experience with Splunk Enterprise Security
- Splunk administration through UI including app, report, and dashboard permissions, users and roles, deployment server, managing alerts, summary searches, and report accelerations.
- Splunk development of critical data-related configuration files like props.conf, inputs.conf, transforms.conf, and indexes.conf
- Splunk development of dashboards, reports, and alerts
- Experience utilizing best practices for getting data into Splunk
- Preferable Linux/Unix background with scripting for automation and troubleshooting.
- SQL Language
- Business Experience Mandatory Used to work in complex environments.
- Good communicator
- Risk consciousness
- Preferable Proven experience in Agile way of working
How we support you ?
- We’ll help and support on the project.
- You’ll benefit from our network and challenges.
- We offer a possibility to build a valuable and easy partnership.
- You’ll have the possibility to be heard and share your knowledge.
- You’ll access missions that fit your current expertise or you can challenge yourself to learn new things.
More projects on : https://afaraxcareerportalfreelance.com/career-portal-freelance/