Data Engineer – Freelance
afarax is looking for freelance consultants for a specific mission with a strong know-how in modern data warehousing. We need your lights !
We are a Belgian based Team with a strong network of consultants and Companies active in various business sectors and facing the challenges of the Digital Transformation. The concept is very simple : Once you enter the ecosystem, you can access our projects and let us make your life a way easier.
Our client is looking for a Data Engineer who is familiar with the banking domains, understands process modelling, as-well-as multiple techniques of data modelling such as transactional, bitemporal, data vault, object-oriented and dimensional.
Some requirements :
- Design work is performed in Power Designer EA which includes requirements capture, process modelling, and data modelling.
- Knowledge about Power Designer extensions is a plus.
- Agile project management skills are also useful considering the complexity of project.
- Ability to communicate via on-line presentations to multiple stakeholders is a common activity.
- Knowledge in PostgreSQL and/or Oracle is mandatory.
- Following technologies are used on the data hub platform: Scala, Java, Kafka, Flink, Hadoop, Spark, Hive, …
- Having experience in building frameworks and generic components on the datahub is a must have.
Is this you ?
- Sound knowledge of English. French and/or Dutch is preferable but not mandatory
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in IT or engineering or equivalent by professional experience
- Agile Mindset
- At least 6 years of relevant experience
- Dimensional and data Vault modelling
- PowerDesigner Enterprise Architecture (or equivalent tool)
- Data profiling experience
- DWH experience
- Knowledgeable of DWH lifecycle – requirements, design, implementation, testing, ETL design
- Familiar with banking environment and products
- Experience with working in a complex organization
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Quick self-starter, pro-active attitude
- Team player always ready to share, train or provide support to others.
- Autonomy, commitment and perseverance also on documentation
- Flexible, accurate & control minded.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and multi-cultural environment
- Ability to deliver results respecting deadlines
- Good oral and written communication. Ability to turn advanced technical topics and industry jargon into easy-to-understand information. Having experience on giving trainings to groups of people is an asset.
- Quality driven and cost avoidance minded
- Able to handle changing priorities
- Customer focus
- Passionate about data
How we support you ?
- We’ll help and support on the project.
- You’ll benefit from our network and challenges.
- We offer a possibility to build a valuable and easy partnership.
- You’ll have the possibility to be heard and share your knowledge.
- You’ll access missions that fit your current expertise or you can challenge yourself to learn new things.
More projects on : https://afaraxcareerportalfreelance.com/career-portal-freelance/