Data Engineer – Freelance
afarax is looking for freelance consultants for a specific mission with a strong know-how in Data . We need your lights !
We are a Belgian based Team with a strong network of consultants and Companies active in various business sectors and facing the challenges of the Digital Transformation. The concept is very simple : Once you enter the ecosystem, you can access our projects and let us make your life a way easier.
Our client is looking for an Data Engineer with design skills whose core objectives will be to :
- Collect, clean, prepare and load the necessary data onto Hadoop, our Data Analytics Platform, so that these can be used for reporting purposes; creating insights and responding to business challenges
- Act as a liaison between the team and other stakeholders and contribute to support the Hadoop cluster and the compatibility of all the different software that run on the platform (Scala, Spark, Python, …)
Job description :
- Identify the most appropriate data sources to use for a given purpose and understand their structures and contents, in collaboration with subject matter experts.
- Extract structured and unstructured data from the source systems (relational databases, data warehouses, document repositories, file systems, …), prepare such data (cleanse, re-structure, aggregate, …) and load them onto Hadoop.
- Actively support the reporting teams in the data exploration and data preparation phases. Implement data quality controls and where data quality issues are detected, liaise with the data supplier for joint root cause analysis
- Be able to autonomously design data pipelines, develop them and prepare the launch activities
- Properly document your code, share and transfer your knowledge with the rest of the team to ensure a smooth transition into maintenance and support of production applications
- Liaise with IT infrastructure teams to address infrastructure issues and to ensure that the components and software used on the platform are all consistent
Is this you ?
- Experience with analysis and creation of data pipelines, data architecture, ETL/ELT development and with processing structured and unstructured data
- Proven experience with using data stored in RDBMSs and experience or good understanding of NoSQL databases
- Ability to write performant Scala code and SQL statements
- Ability to design with focus on solutions that are fit for purpose whilst keeping options open for future needs
- Ability to analyse data, identify issues (e.g. gaps, inconsistencies) and troubleshoot these
- Have a true agile mindset, capable and willing to take on tasks outside of her/his core competencies to help the team
- Experience in working with customers to identify and clarify requirements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, good customer relationship skills
- Strong interest in the financial industry and related data
- Knowledge of Python and Spark
- Understanding of the Hadoop ecosystem including Hadoop file formats like Parquet and ORC
- Experience with open source technologies used in Data Analytics like Spark, Pig, Hive, HBase, Kafka, …
- Ability to write MapReduce & Spark jobs
- Knowledge of Cloudera
- Knowledge of IBM mainframe
- Knowledge of AGILE development methods such as SCRUM is clearly an asset
How we support you ?
- We’ll help and support on the project.
- You’ll benefit from our network and challenges.
- We offer a possibility to build a valuable and easy partnership.
- You’ll have the possibility to be heard and share your knowledge.
- You’ll access missions that fit your current expertise or you can challenge yourself to learn new things.
More projects on : https://afaraxcareerportalfreelance.com/career-portal-freelance/