Data Engineer & Analyst – Freelance
afarax is looking for freelance consultants for a specific mission with a strong know-how in Data Engineering. We need your lights !
We are a Belgian based Team with a strong network of consultants and Companies active in various business sectors and facing the challenges of the Digital Transformation. The concept is very simple : Once you enter the ecosystem, you can access our projects and let us make your life a way easier.
Our client is looking for an experienced Data Engineer & Analyst to join a project around Claims Leakage. The mission of the Data engineer & Analyst will be to build data pipelines and perform data analyses. This requires both very strong technical skills, and business data analysis skills. At the start of the project, the focus of the data engineer will be on gathering relevant data through discussions with business experts and IT, and creating a base table which can be used by the data scientists to build leakage prediction models. In the next phase, the focus will shift towards making this data engineering pipeline robust, and industrializing it with IT so that the models can be put in production and run continuously in real time on open claims. To perform these activities the data engineer & analyst will work closely together with the data scientists, the business experts and the IT teams assigned to this project.
Main responsibilities :
- Actively engage data experts in the business, to find relevant data for predicting leakage
- Perform exploratory data analyses autonomously starting from a business question
- Prepare data transformation pipelines in SAS EG/DI, SQL and PySpark / Python; starting from raw complex data toward clear structured data that is usable by data scientists
- Collaborate with the data scientists and IT to reach the industrialization of the leakage models.
Is this you ?
- Strong knowledge of handling data engineering projects E2E, including experience in industrializing the built solutions
- Strong technical data engineering skills with minimum 5 years of experience in data engineering
- Strong business data analysis skills
- Strong analytical capabilities, quickly understanding problems and data sets
- Expert level SAS EG/DI skills are an absolute must
- Expert level SQL skills are an absolute must
- Advanced level PySpark skills are a very big plus; willingness to learn on own time is a must
- Advanced level Python skills are a plus
- Fluent in French or Dutch and passive knowledge of the second language
- Knowledge of the Insurance industry
- Able to both work in team and autonomously
- Eye for detail and inconsistencies
- Able to communicate effectively with IT, data sience and business resources
How we support you ?
- We’ll help and support on the project.
- You’ll benefit from our network and challenges.
- We offer a possibility to build a valuable and easy partnership.
- You’ll have the possibility to be heard and share your knowledge.
- You’ll access missions that fit your current expertise or you can challenge yourself to learn new things.
More projects on : https://afaraxcareerportalfreelance.com/career-portal-freelance/