Database Admin Expert – Freelance
afarax is looking for freelance consultants for a specific mission with a strong know-how in Security. We need your lights !
We are a Belgian based Team with a strong network of consultants and Companies active in various business sectors and facing the challenges of the Digital Transformation. The concept is very simple : Once you enter the ecosystem, you can access our projects and let us make your life a way easier.
Our client is looking for a skilled Database Admin Expert to join the IT Mainframe Services tribe. He/she will install, manage, secure and support the physical structures together with the residing data of the DBMS Db2 and IMS on Mainframe and this throughout the entire lifecycle and in all environments. The squad takes car of performance, data integrity, capacity, availability, data restoration and data refresh with scrambling to non-PROD environments of Db2 and IMS Databases.
He/she will perform the following duties :
- Participate in maintaining the security of DB2 and IMS (mostly in RACF).
- Participate in the developing of new security setups to respect audit requirements and bank policies.
- Participate in the monitoring of the security and reporting on it.
- Participate to the analysis, design, development, integration, test and support of Mainframe Databases (DB2 and IMS)
- Collaborate with IT Mainframe squads and other IT tribes in order to deliver each sprint with the members of the squad the promised deliverables.
- Guarantee, with the members of the squad, the implementation of the deliverables and future improvements.
- You interact with other IT Tribes.
- Provide 3rd line support in order to support the system.
- Document the solutions
Is this you ?
- Good knowledge in French and Dutch
- Fluent in English
- Master/Bachelor degree in IT or equivalent by experience
- At least 5 years of experience
- Practical knowledge of supporting Mainframe DB2 databases
- Have at least a working knowledge of RACF
- Practical knowledge of IMS databases
- Basic knowledge of Control-M-scheduler on mainframe
- Analytical and Accurate
- Team player who promotes communication between internal and external stakeholders
- Result oriented: adapts to the context and wants to obtain the best possible result considering available means
- Act and analyse proactively
- Pragmatic and problem solver
- Quick self-starter, pro-active and positive attitude, self-motivated
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work and establish good working relations in a dynamic, multi-cultural and challenging environment
- Enthusiast to work in an Agile methodology
- After acquiring the required knowledge of the environment, willing to take part in the 24/7 standby organised by the team
How we support you ?
- We’ll help and support on the project.
- You’ll benefit from our network and challenges.
- We offer a possibility to build a valuable and easy partnership.
- You’ll have the possibility to be heard and share your knowledge.
- You’ll access missions that fit your current expertise or you can challenge yourself to learn new things.
More projects on : https://afaraxcareerportalfreelance.com/career-portal-freelance/