IT Developer (Android) – Freelance
afarax is looking for freelance consultants for a specific mission with a strong know-how in Android Development. We need your lights !
We are a Belgian based Team with a strong network of consultants and Companies active in various business sectors and facing the challenges of the Digital Transformation. The concept is very simple : Once you enter the ecosystem, you can access our projects and let us make your life a way easier.
Our client is looking for a skilled Android Developer to join a fantastic team of Software development specialists and work in an Agile squad where you’ll be responsible of :
- Translating requirements into high quality code
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Kotlin code for the Android platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ship new features
- Work with outside data sources and APIs
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
Is this you ?
- Sound knowledge of English as well as (at least) one local language
- Bachelor/Master or equivalent by experience
- An Android Developer involved in Agile projects must have the “Agile mindset” which implies :
- A positive attitude and pragmatism
- Thirst for knowledge: Agile is about learning and adapting. Knowledge sharing is key to success.
- The goal of team success: Agile is about the success of the team, no individual success or heroic behaviour. It is more important for the team to succeed than for the individual to have completed his/her tasks.
- There is no failure, only feedback: Agile is about taking everything as lessons, adjusting actions based on the feedback, resulting in continuous improvement
- Technical experience :
- You know the principles of clean code and apply them effectively.
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines, DDD and best practices o You write readable code and do refactoring where necessary. • Proven knowledge of Kotlin
- You are familiar with test driven development (TDD) and you have practical experience with it
- Proven knowledge in Android app development (different version of Android SDK and the libraries available for common tasks
- Knowledge of SVN/Git (Gitlab or alternative), Jenkins, SonarQube, Fortify, Confluence, JIRA • Knowledge of Continuous Integration/Deployment principles
- Experience with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services and 3rd-party libraries or API’s
- Soft skills :
- Agile Mindset – You embrace the SCRUM values (Focus, Commitment, Openness, Respect and Courage).
- You know what Pair Programming means, and you are prepared to apply it actively
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirement.
- You actively share your knowledge with your team
- You dare to challenge the requirements you receive based on your expertise
- Continuous learning: you contribute to the constant improvement of the functioning of the team
How we support you ?
- We’ll help and support on the project.
- You’ll benefit from our network and challenges.
- We offer a possibility to build a valuable and easy partnership.
- You’ll have the possibility to be heard and share your knowledge.
- You’ll access missions that fit your current expertise or you can challenge yourself to learn new things.
More projects on : https://afaraxcareerportalfreelance.com/career-portal-freelance/