Lead Designer – Freelance
afarax is looking for freelance consultants for a specific mission with a strong know-how in Data Models. We need your lights !
We are a Belgian based Team with a strong network of consultants and Companies active in various business sectors and facing the challenges of the Digital Transformation. The concept is very simple : Once you enter the ecosystem, you can access our projects and let us make your life a way easier.
Our client is looking for a skilled Lead Designer who will perform the following duties :
- Lead, draft, and document design on Hadoop based on requirements from the business.
- Need to be able to think of generic ways to build queries, reporting requests to avoid rework in the future.
- Design dimensional models to meet the business reporting needs.
- Design the technical ETL solution (define the technical interface, specs for the source systems, the ETL processes from landing zone till storage) and develop the solution with IBM DataStage.
- Design the physical relational data model in collaboration with the database administrator.
- Define the scheduling requirements for ETL processes in the data warehouse.
- Develop & test (unit test, functional test, and data profiling) the ETL processes.
- Prepare the releases & installation instructions. • Provide documentation and support the developers.
- Create best practices.
- Handle hotline by solving the problems linked to ETL raised by the end users.
- Find the right balance between cost and quality/completeness while always considering the clients as our priority.
- Provides application software development services or technical support typically in a defined project.
- Develops program logic for new applications or analyses and modifies logic in existing applications.
- Codes, tests, debugs, documents, implements, and maintains software applications.
- Analysis’s requirements, and maintains, tests, and integrates application components.
- Undertakes functional and/or technical application designs in the context of projects and/or system maintenance activities. Any designs for particularly critical parts of systems are often submitted to an Application Architect
Is this you ?
- We are looking for a senior profile with technical skills and a strong interest for the financial business.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in:
- Designing data models in a data warehouse context and developing applications in IBM DataStage.
- Application support/development
- Knowledge in mainframe development technologies
- Strong team player.
- Strong communication skills and are willing to interact with both business/internal clients and your technical colleagues.
- Good analytical skills as well as interest to solve problems in a complex environment.
- Proven experience with delivering major projects and managing their design complexity and the ability to work on multiple projects at once.
- Ability to learn quickly how an application works.
- Ability to write and complete documents in a clear/structured way.
- Spoken and written English is a must.
- Ability to review and challenge senior colleagues on their deliverables.
- Willingness to go out the core competence (e.g., perform testing of queries, reporting, etc.)
Considered as assets :
- Knowledge experience in the financial industry and willingness to learn more.
- Knowledge in open inventory sourcing services and their application landscape is a key asset.
- Knowledge about of SCRUM methodology and BI reporting tools (IBM Cognos) is clearly an asset.
How we support you ?
- We’ll help and support on the project.
- You’ll benefit from our network and challenges.
- We offer a possibility to build a valuable and easy partnership.
- You’ll have the possibility to be heard and share your knowledge.
- You’ll access missions that fit your current expertise or you can challenge yourself to learn new things.
- More projects on : https://afaraxcareerportalfreelance.com/career-portal-freelance/