MS Azure Data Architect/Engineer – Freelance
afarax is looking for freelance consultants for a specific mission with a strong know-how in MS Azure Data. We need your lights !
We are a Belgian based Team with a strong network of consultants and Companies active in various business sectors and facing the challenges of the Digital Transformation. The concept is very simple : Once you enter the ecosystem, you can access our projects and let us make your life a way easier.
In order to strengthen its Data Management Team, our client is looking for a MS Azure Data Architect/Engineer to perform the following duties:
- Definition of the architecture of the data platform on basis of an existing blueprint, in preparation of the migration of the current on premise DWH. Migration itself will be taken in charge by an offshore partner. Contribute to the definition of the architecture, framework, standards and design of the Azure data platform. Contribute to the set-up itself in Azure
- Data lake is already available in Azure but requires some new functionalities/components like Azure Machine Learning and the implementation of several business projects. Propose components, an architecture to support new business needs in data science. Take part to the set-up in Azure
- Define and put in place the different components of the data platform in collaboration with other technical team members
- Scan market of available tools and propose options depending on requirements and company standards
- Look for/propose automation tools and technical process improvements
- Take part to PaaS governance improvement
- Coaching/support of a few internal resources
- Documentation of the architecture, guidelines and principles
- Provide guidance on some technologies like CDC tool, Azure event streaming…
Is this you ?
Language requirements :
- Fluent in English
- Fluent in Dutch or French
- Master degree in Informatics or equivalent through experience
Knowledge and experience :
Soft Skills :
- Must work well independently, and in collaborative team environment
- Solution driven / Pragmatic
- Strong problem solving skills
- Pro-active and flexible
- Strong verbal / written communication and presentation skills
- Coaching & training skills
- Client friendly
Business experience :
- Experience with analytics use cases (Mid-level 2-5 y)
- Experience within Insurance or financial domain
- Experience on projects with different technology stacks, integration aspects
Technical experience :
- Cloud Architecture Pattern (Mid-level 2-5 y)
- Devops (Infrastructure as Code, Continuous Integration/Delivery) (Mid-level 2-5 y)
- Azure Data Skills (Data Lake Gen2, Synapse) (Mid-level 2-5 y)
- Experience in DataBricks (Junior 0-2 y)
- Experience in DataFactory (Junior 0-2 y)
- Experience in PaaS data lake set-up (Junior 0-2 y)
- Knowledge of pipes principles and developments (Mid-level 2-5 y)
- Being aware of best practices, trends & evolutions of the IT industry and most particularly Data Analytics environments/systems (Mid-level 2-5 y)
- Knowledge about Data Management : metadata management, lineage, data quality principles, …
- Knowledge about/experience in DWH running in Azure environment (Junior 0-2 y)
- Knowledge about dashboarding, Power BI
Functional experience :
- Database modelling via modelling tools such as Erwin or Visio (Mid-level 2-5 y)
- Architecture, functional & technical analysis on database, ETL & BI solutions (Mid-level 2-5 y)
- Understanding of Best Practices for datawarehousing, ETL & BI solutions (Junior 0-2 y)
- Ability to interact with Business Owners and gather Business Requirements (Mid level 2-5 y)
- Ability to translate Business requirements into functional & technical requirements
How we support you ?
- We’ll help and support on the project.
- You’ll benefit from our network and challenges.
- We offer a possibility to build a valuable and easy partnership.
- You’ll have the possibility to be heard and share your knowledge.
- You’ll access missions that fit your current expertise or you can challenge yourself to learn new things.
More projects on : https://afaraxcareerportalfreelance.com/career-portal-freelance/