Operational Risk & Internal Control Officer
afarax is hiring an Operational Risk & Internal Control Officer for one of their clients !
We are a Belgian based Team with strong partnerships with Companies active in various business sectors and facing the challenges of the Digital Transformation. The concept is very simple : We meet and understand your expertise and ambitions and then introduce you to our client. We will also support you during all the stages of the application process to ensure your success.
You work in the Operational Risk Management team within the department Risk & Compliance. You actively participate in the development of operational risk management of the company, identification and control of these risks, and the strengthening of risk awareness.
1. You manage the identification and monitoring of operational losses of the company.
- You update the Loss Data Collection Policy of the company in accordance to the standards and “best practices” of the banking sector, and ensure their internal communication.
- You organize interviews with the various contact persons in different departments (including accounting and colleagues from the company), track incidents in the bank to identify losses and limit its impacts.
- You update, improve and deepen reporting on losses operational of the company, and you ensure the reporting towards the competent bodies of the company.
2. You identify the most significant operational risks of the company, monitor them and report their progress to the Direction.
- You initiate and coordinate the process of self-assessment of risks and controls (RCSA, "Risk & Control Self Assessment") within the company’s different banking jobs (“bottom-up” approach): For RSA’s (Risk Self Assessments), you also update the “Risk Database ”and report on it succinctly. For CSA’s (Control Self Assessments), you also provide reporting by developing or updating a “Control Sheet” by CSA. You allocate the residual risks to the Bank's risk appetite ("risk appetite ") and you report the results of the action plan quarterly RSCA to the Management Committee.
- You participate in the preparation of the annual report on the state of the inspection internal of the company.
- You guarantee the continuity of the operation of Operational Risk Committee of the company.
- On a more ad hoc basis, you develop various risk analyzes and follow up.
3. You support and promote the risk culture at the company to continuously raise the level:
- You develop and organize “Risk Awareness” sessions based on the company’s needs.
- You maintain and activate an effective network of contacts at various levels of the bank as well as at the company for a better awareness of incurred or potential risks of the company.
4. You contribute to the establishment and monitoring of the control system internal:
- You participate in the implementation of internal control in the processes operational and its integration into the daily management of each.
- You check the conformity of the procedures within the framework of the permanent control of the company and assess the systems for controlling risks. If necessary, you set up action plans.
- You provide assistance and advice to others employees in terms of internal control. You are proactive to improve current internal control procedures and processes for make them more efficient and optimal.
- You follow up on significant recommendations made by supervisory authorities as well as external audit.
5. You actively participate in various initiatives undertaken by the Operational Risk Management department and Risk & Compliance department:
Business Continuity management, Fraud Monitoring Committee,….
Is this you ? The skills requires
- You have a university degree at Master level
- You have 5 years of experience in the banking sector, preferably in a function with a global view on the functioning of a bank and the various products of a retail bank with a physical network and services outsourced
- Experience in Operational Risk Management is an asset, just like holding a CICS, CICP or similar certificate.
- You have very good analytical skills and you are aware of risk.
- You have excellent communication skills: you write the analyzes by demonstrating structure and spirit of synthesis; you know prepare clear presentations and you know how to present them in a way enthusiastic and convincing.
- You work independently but you take into account the needs of your contacts within the bank.
- You have a good operational knowledge of the two national languages ??and you can write reports written in English.
How we support you ?
- We’ll introduce you to our best clients.
- You’ll benefit from our partnership and our knowledge of the company and Business sector.
- We’ll offer our support during all the stages of your application process.
- We’ll make sure that the job you get corresponds to both your expertise and your expections to grow.
More jobs on : https://afaraxcareerportal.com/