Cyber Security Strategy & Project Manager – Freelance
afarax is looking for freelance consultants for a specific mission with a strong know-how in IT Project Management. We need your lights !
We are a Belgian based Team with a strong network of consultants and Companies active in various business sectors and facing the challenges of the Digital Transformation. The concept is very simple : Once you enter the ecosystem, you can access our projects and let us make your life a way easier.
Our client is looking for a Project Manager who will perform the following duties :
- Perform deep-dive analysis of data security requirements in close collaboration with security architect(s)
- Identify security design gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommend changes or enhancements
- Support ‘right-sizing’ of security requirements aligned with prevailing standards, regulations, Group targets and bank requirements
- Influence (Group) security policies and procedures, especially in the field of data security
- Elaborate high level roadmaps: propose priority actions to be initiated in a 3-year investment horizon (incl. elaboration of macro-budgets for execution)
- Closely interact/collaborate with Group to roll-out standard group solutions; ensure solutions balance business and cyber security requirements
- Direct all phases of the cyber security 'initiatives' from inception through completion; prioritize workstreams and activities in accordance with the overall security objectives
- Establish milestones and ensure adherence to master plans and schedules; identify and mitigate cyber security 'initiatives' risks and issues
- Pro-actively identify issues and risks based on the knowledge of each project/capability and their dependencies
- Regularly interact with senior management and executive levels on topics spanning several functions, departments, entities
- Ensure that stakeholder input is aggregated in a concise, high quality end deliverable, that can be shared with Sr. Management, and is supported by a communication kit.
Is this you ?
- Master’s degree
- Certifications : project management and change management frameworks (e.g. Prince2, ITIL, ADKAR) + other relevant professional certifications (e.g. CISSP, CISA, CRISC)
- Fluent in French, Dutch and English
- 10+ years of experience managing multiple IT and/or security projects and programs
- Solid analytical skills; ability to break-down complex issues into their key components; strong deductive reasoning; ability to draw conclusions from a combination of evidence and assumptions.
- Extensive experience in financial services industry
- Experience in data-security related projects
- Experience with Agile methodology/practices and transforming the maturity, productivity and quality of teams
- Experience in information security (governance)
- Ability to lead across multiple disciplines and ensure success on the job
- Ability to thrive in a complex environment that is ‘in constant flux’
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships across all levels of the organization
- Actively earn trust with the security teams and with key stakeholders by being accountable, identify risks/issues early and provide value
- Exceptional interpersonal skills both verbal and written
- Strong presentation skills to different audience including Senior leadership and
- Quick self-starter, pro-active attitude
- Autonomy, commitment and perseverance
- Ability to overcome set-backs and difficulties; seeks (and finds) solutions
- Solid analytical and synthesis skills
- Factual and results-oriented
- Keys to Success in this Role
- Possessing ownership and accountability for specific delivery initiatives/portfolios
- Executive presence with very strong leadership attributes
- Good eye for business, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for leading change and ability to bring others along
How we support you ?
- We’ll help and support on the project.
- You’ll benefit from our network and challenges.
- We offer a possibility to build a valuable and easy partnership.
- You’ll have the possibility to be heard and share your knowledge.
- You’ll access missions that fit your current expertise or you can challenge yourself to learn new things.
More projects on : https://afaraxcareerportalfreelance.com/career-portal-freelance/